Amazing Benefits Of Cultural Diversity In Australia
In this interesting blog, we will explore various benefits of cultural diversity in Australia.
The curiosity about this one aspect crops up in your mind whenever you think of Australia.
And indeed, in a nation where the features of diversity in Australia are:
- Immigration has contributed (during the last ten years) over 62X growth to the present 25 million population quotient.
- More than 29% of the populace claims to be born in foreign lands.
- And, within that percentage, 19% retain a nativity of a non-English country.
On an overall basis, the population ‘contains’ people of 200 various origins.
Why Is Diversity Important In Australia?
The importance of cultural diversity in Australia is extensive. Such as, the CALD meaning in Australia has grown synonyms with its diversity and helps in:
- Stopping racial discrimination.
- Developing and sustaining a positive public image.
- Creating a healthy work culture.
- Promoting innovation and creativity.
- Upgrading work skills.
- Supporting the local community and its economy.
- Expanding new business ideas to new markets
- Filling immediate job vacancies
Here is some useful info on interesting facts about Australia. Feeling intrigued? Then keep reading till the end.
Is Australia The Most Diverse Country?
Australia is a prosperous multicultural, and ethnically diverse country in the world. It is home to 100 religions and 300 ethnic groups from around the world.
Victoria is the most diverse state in Australia. The cultural diversity in Australia statistics from this state shows:
- More than 30 percent of people residing in the state were born overseas.
- 22 percent speak in a language other than English.
- Asian Victorians make up about 10 percent of the local community.
- Europeans make for 11 percent.
- Africans and the Middle East make a combined 3 percent.
Over 59.9 percent of migrants are Australian citizens, with 36 percent who do not have their Australian Citizenship Certificate.
People desire to ‘settle down’ and ‘make it big’ in a foreign nation. That’s why their hard work and knowledge of the job roles achieved results in the following:
- Sincere increase in domestic production – while hiking the ‘Q’ of quality as well.
- Facilitate the national economy with strategic economies of scale.
- Prepare grounds for 2050, when, as a result of migration, national productivity will inflate and ‘boost’ the country’s GDP by 6% on a per capita measure.
Excited about Sydney, Australia? Make a successful plan with some quick Sydney travel advice.
Examples Of Diversity In Australia?
Australia is a country with a vibrant demographic. It is home to diverse inhabitants, cultures, and contemporary lifestyles.
In 1945, after the legislation of the Racial Discrimination Act, Australia sent a strong message of its commitment to promoting and protecting racial equality and fairness.
If you wish to migrate to a country with cultural& social diversity Australia is one. But you need the academic transcript.
Some examples of Australian diversity are:
- One in every four Australians was born overseas.
- Among 46 percent of the population, one parent was born outside the country.
- Twenty percent of the population speaks a language other than English.
- Australian cohabitants speak more than 200 languages, excluding English.
- Some of the most commonly spoken languages in Australia are Italian, Arabic, Vietnamese, Cantonese, and Greek.
- While Christianity is the predominant religion, other religious denomination includes Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, etc. In the meantime, hire the best birth certificate translation services in Australia.
Benefits Of Multiculturalism In Australia
Australia’s workplace consists of a diversity strategy to promote cultural relations and cohabitation.
The benefits of cultural diversity in Australia include the following:
- Supporting flexible working arrangements such as part-time and full-time jobs.
- Providing cultural awareness training.
- Celebrating days and events to promote diversity awareness.
- Supporting diverse employee networks in sharing their views, ideas, and experiences.
Thus, the cultural impact of diversity in Australia is successful in organizing:
- Feasible professional scopes, especially for migrators.
- Working standards that bring out the best potentiality of each recruited immigrant.
- A zero-tolerance-to-discrimination office environment.
Australian organizations do hold a sound chance of preserving a persistent and proficient CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse) workforce. That, in effect, champions 50% of their complete success in the long run. In the meantime, hire the best driver’s license translation services in Australia.
Social Diversity In Australia: Professionally Profitable
The prime fact supporting this statement is that:
- Australia constitutes, as a result of an annual 1.7% ‘influx’ of immigration, around 34.1% of the most productive working-age population. That is people between 30-54 years of age. And this quotient is higher than what any other country possesses (U.K: 33.4% and the U.S.A: 32.1%) right now.
Employing much of an ethnically divergent workforce has proven:
- Beneficent for the nation’s top-ranking firms to bring home around 35% more revenue than the national median for their definite industries. (Mc. Kinsey Global 2015 Survey)
But what are the exact ways diversity in an Australian context contributes to the professional spectrum? Keep reading till the end.
1. Striking ‘Hike’ In Productivity
If attention to the purely Australian populace (free of any migration count) is given, then these are the two realities that emerge.
- Below-average fertility rate
- Speedily aging population
How does the nation then:
- Continue to maintain an 81 index points average on the productivity yardstick for 51 long years (1968 – 2019).
- Accomplish 100X stability over the same scale throughout 2019.
- Experiences around 66% rise in active labor participation this year?
All kudos go to the efficient and readily available human resources that keep setting foot into the land.
2. Retaining Long-Term Employees
One distinctive perk every firm recruiting migrants opines to have achieved. On a practical note:
- Once landing as an immigrant, a person will be in the readiest need of an employee to secure his/her own subsistence.
Such a requisite is even more pronounced in a land where around 170,000 people migrate yearly and struggle for suitably.
3. The Advantage Of Skilled Labor
As cites the reputed house of Australian translation services, of all the foreigners entering the nation, around 58% hold a skill-based visa. And such a visa is granted:
- Only after a thorough and step-by-step scrutiny of one’s professional expertise, reasoning ability, interactive power, and academic wisdom.
Thus, finding and recruiting real-time talent from within the CALD human resources emerges as one easiest tasks for Australian companies. And such employees prove especially worthwhile for:
The viable solution to issues that relate to the international business scenario. How come? Given to respective migrants’ experience with different commercial scenarios around the world. A firm gets to know which particular ‘hack’ solves which global challenge.
Devising Profitable Strategies
Devising creatively unique yet commercially profiting strategies. When pros from varied professional backgrounds and with tested expertise will unite, enrichment of the overall operational style is bound to happen, right?
Diversifying production and targeting newer markets. A team made up of ethnically variant professionals can quickly provide inputs about product and service expectations of different communities and what are the potential ‘gaps’ to be fulfilled in such markets. Consequently, a substantial impetus for commerce’s expansion.
Continuous ‘driving in’ of up-to-date knowledge, ingenuity, and various pragmatic know-how of business doing as prevailing in countries across borders. Therefore, Australian enterprises are never ‘short’ of real-time quality resources. No matter when needed and for what purpose.
Guaranteed Success Plans
Deploying guaranteed-to-succeed plans in situations requiring immediate action. Sounding utopian? But isn’t it highly probable that a migrant employee may retain the experience of handling the same emergency? With ‘sources’ of the immigration being as many as 200 nations and the multiple commercial textures inherent to them. Why did the local government stop them?
Improving Brand Image
An uplift in the brand image as a patron of cultural diversity in Australia, within all local immigrant communities whose ‘people’ get recruited. In effect, a strengthened chance to acquire and retain loyal customers from such sectors.
This is another example of how diversity has impacted Australian culture.
Instant access to a certified-as-skilled migrant workforce is the main reason Australia continues to experience economic development, inclusive of 108X of successive GDP quarters, since the last national depression 27 years ago.
Pillar of the prediction that, in 2050, active employee participation will heighten by 16X – while percentage profit of ROI over recruitment counting up to 45%.
4. Growth Of Work Opportunities
And the two fields experiencing that the most are construction and education. When there happens to be an annual ‘coming in’ of over 1 million people desiring to settle down, the most natural result turns out to be the need for houses.
Thereby, experiences the Australian construction industry an actual ‘explosion’ in the search for deft engineers, expert architects, and proficient laborers, with:
- A requirement for active construction rising by 2% per quarter each year
- Ready employment scopes for over 1.1 million professionals
The sector, at present:
- Contributes 8% to the annual GDP rate
- Is the only non-service industry providing $132 billion to the domestic economy
But why the academic genre? Well, obtaining a degree from an Australian university is seen as the readiest path for migrators to accomplish a permanent residency. This, in turn, leads to Australia:
- Holding a global fourth-position rank amongst nations having university students from across borders
- Witnessing a yearly double-figure pace of enrollments at high schools, junior colleges, and universities from the global student fraternity
- Making up about 2/3rd of the total profit from educational services provided as from the fees paid by international students
Hard to imagine the 2050 prediction of migrant productivity infusing $1.6 trillion into the nation’s GDP? No, correct. Let’s wait with all the expectations!
Different Cultures Represented In Australia
Australia has a unique history that has shaped the diversity of the country. That’s how has Australia changed due to its diverse culture.
The major contributors to such unique demography of the country are:
- The Indigenous Culture.
- The Colonial Past.
- The extensive immigration to the country.
About 26 percent of the population was born in another country. The significant nations of birth include England, China, and New Zealand.
About 19 percent of overseas-born Australians were born in non-English speaking countries.
Overall, Australians have over 200 birthplaces.
English is the most common language in Australia, and it is spoken by 21 percent of the population.
Other common languages spoken in the country include Chinese, Arabic, Italian, and Vietnamese.
There are over 50 indigenous languages spoken in Australia.
Religion diversity in Australia includes:
- Aboriginal tradition religion
Thirty percent of Australians reported having no faith at all.
The diversification of Australian customs in welcoming new and innovative traditions makes for one brilliant workforce community.
Do we hope now you understand how diverse is Australia? And what makes Australia diverse? Besides that, you learned what is social diversity in Australia. Australia’s population is a diverse combination of one parent born overseas.
The immigrants and Australian-born people offer majestic diversity in the country. Parents born overseas during World War II returned to the nation for something good. These overseas-born Australians and linguistically diverse populations ultimately benefit in many ways to the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Australia’s cultural diversity?
Australia is the most unique and multicultural country. The natives are the home of the world’s oldest culture. Besides, at least one parent born outside Australia gives reasons to identify more than 270 ancestors. More than seven million people migrated to Australia after 1945, most of which are settled in western Sydney. The rich and vibrant diverse culture is the biggest strength of Australia.
2. What is the impact of cultural diversity in Australia?
You already know that and will not understand the impact on the country. Hopefully, till now, the country has experienced the most positive impact in all the significant aspects. Australian Bureau also suggests the same.
3. What are some examples of cultural & social diversity?
3 examples of what makes Australia diverse are you can identify the country with more than 300 ancestors. Don’t forget Australians speak more than 400 languages. And when we see prime examples like race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and more. Australia can lead the chart.
4. What are the 4 features of diversity in Australia?
Diversity can’t be reflected in just 4 features; however, several aspects reflect diversity. Some of them are – ethnicity and race, language, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age & gender, religion, beliefs, and much more.
5. What is the main culture of Australia?
Australia’s way of life is mainly like Britain’s, but the land and the traditions of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people also shape it.
6. What are Australian cultural values?
In Australia, people believe in being free to make their own choices, treating others with kindness, ensuring everyone has the appropriate chance in life, and being fair. These values are fundamental because they help keep the country safe, happy, and successful. Lots of people want to become citizens of Australia because they share these values.
7. Is Australian culture different?
Australia has a diverse culture. Australia is a place where people from many different cultures live together. This happened because many people came to Australia from different countries long ago.
- The Evolution Of Subtitling Services: From Silent Films To Streaming Platforms - December 5, 2023
- The Future of Video Production: Emerging Technologies and Trends - December 1, 2023
- Navigating the World of Multilingual Typesetting: A Comprehensive Guide - November 30, 2023